Assistant Director, Kids’ Corner Extended Day Program
Jackson Walnut Park School is an early childhood, primary, and elementary school proudly sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston.
Located on a beautiful historic property in Newton, MA, Jackson Walnut Park School encompasses an accredited early childhood Montessori program and an innovative Kindergarten – 6th Grade elementary school, inspired by the Catholic tradition.
A vibrant arts program, robust languages curriculum, and diverse after-school activities and childcare options are just some of the impressive offerings that set our school apart.
Jackson Walnut Park School seeks a full-time Assistant Director of its Kids’ Corner Extended Day Program for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Oversee ~50 children and 5 staff from 11 AM- 6 PM daily.
- Maintain expectations for student behavior.
- Support students in understanding community standards by steadily modeling positive reinforcement and providing encouraging guidance.
- Provide a Montessori-inspired environment that includes opportunities for unstructured play and maintains consistency for the benefit of the program’s youngest learners.
- Assist with daily non-classroom duties (drop-off, lunch, pick-up, etc.).
- Communicate with classroom teachers about how students’ days went.
- Conduct one’s self in a manner consistent with Jackson Walnut Park School’s mission and values.
- Serve as a role model for the young people in our charge.
A solid understanding of Montessori principals. AMS primary training preferred.
The Assistant Director the Kids’ Corner Extended Day Program should possess a college degree or be at an advanced stage of their college studies, in pursuit of a major or minor in Education.
Pluses include: Prior school or childcare experience, particularly independent or Catholic school experience, and familiarity with Responsive Classroom practices.
Interested candidates are encouraged to explore additional information about Jackson Walnut Park School on this site, jwpschools.org.
Salary and Benefits
Compensation includes a full time salary commensurate with experience and a benefits package.
Please submit a letter of interest and resume, including contact information for three to five references by email to email@example.com.
Please indicate Assistant Director, Kids’ Corner in your email subject line.
No telephone inquiries please.
Each application received by email will receive an acknowledgement of receipt.
Candidates who best match the qualifications for this role will be contacted.
Jackson Walnut Park School, in the treatment of employees and applicants for employment, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination. The School and its representatives follow hiring practice laws and fairly and consistently evaluate each applicant for the talent, skills, and abilities needed for each position.