Montessori Substitute Teachers
Jackson Walnut Park School is an early childhood, primary, and elementary school proudly sponsored by the Sisters of St. Joseph of Boston.
Located on a beautiful historic property in Newton, MA, Jackson Walnut Park School encompasses an accredited early childhood Montessori program and an innovative Kindergarten – 6th Grade elementary school, inspired by the Catholic tradition.
A vibrant arts program, robust languages curriculum, and diverse after-school activities and childcare options are just some of the impressive offerings that set our school apart.
Jackson Walnut Park School seeks Montessori Substitute Teachers for the 2023-2024 school year.
- Following teacher-provided lesson plans in the event of a teacher absence.
- Maintaining expectations for student behavior.
- Supporting students in understanding community standards with positive reinforcement and guidance.
- Assisting with daily non-classroom duties (drop-off, lunch, pick-up, etc.) as assigned as part of the teacher’s normal duties.
- Communicating with classroom teachers about how students’ days went.
- Conducting one’s self in a manner consistent with Jackson Walnut Park School’s mission and values.
- Serving as a role model for the young people in our charge.
$125 per day
- Wide and flexible availability, particularly on short notice, for the duration of the school day (8 AM – 2:45 PM).
- Substitute teachers should possess a college degree or be at an advanced stage of their college studies, in pursuit of a major or minor in Education.
- Pluses include: Prior school experience and Montessori experience.
Interested candidates are encouraged to explore additional information about Jackson Walnut Park School on this site, jwpschools.org.
Please submit your letter of interest and resume including contact information for three to five references to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please indicate Montessori Substitute Teacher in your email subject line.
No telephone inquiries please.
Candidates who best match the qualifications for this role will be contacted.
Jackson Walnut Park School, in the treatment of employees and applicants for employment, is committed to a policy of equal employment opportunity and nondiscrimination. The School and its representatives follow hiring practice laws and fairly and consistently evaluate each applicant for the talent, skills, and abilities needed for each position.